PREMIER GEMS LTD. CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. The Premier Gems Ltd. Win a 100 CAD Visa Card Contest (the “Premier Gems Contest” or “Contest”) is open only to Canadian residents who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Premier Gems Ltd. (“Premier Gems”), and its parent companies, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
2. There is one way to enter:
At our stand: Visit our Premier Gems stand at the 2017 Calgary Gems Show located at the Stampede Park, Big Four, 1410 Olympic Way SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2W1; during regular show hours between October 20, 2017 and October 22, 2017 (the “Premier Gems Contest Period” or “Contest Period”), and follow the instructions located at the stand. To be eligible for the drawing in the particular Contest Date set out in section 19 below during the Contest Period, entrant must enter at the ballot box located in the Premier Gems stand before the event ends. Upon submission of your entry at the store, you will be automatically entered in the Premier Gems Contest for the Contest Period in which your entry is received, subject to the qualification in the preceding sentence; OR
3. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries from individuals found to have entered more than once will be void.
4. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
5. Premier Gems Ltd. is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Premier Gems. All entries become the property of Premier Gems and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
6. One (1) Prize of a CDN$100 VISA Card will be available to be won on the Contest Date set out in Section 19 below. At the Contest Date, a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period corresponding with that Contest Date (see section 19 below) will be held. The first entrant whose entry form is drawn on the Contest Date and who otherwise complies with these Contest Rules will be eligible to win the Prize. The chance of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period corresponding to the relevant Contest Date.
Prize and Approximate Value
7. At the outset of the Contest, there are a total of one (1) prize available to be won. One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize is one (1) CDN$100 VISA card worth CDN$100. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person. The CDN$100 VISA Card will be subject to the terms and conditions found on the card.
Confirmation of Potential Winners
8. Premier Gems will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within ten (10) business days following the date of the relevant drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn, or does not comply with the Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with the Official Rules for this Contest, as well as the Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the ballot box, and must fill out and return a Declaration and Release, including a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
9. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Premier Gems and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Premier Gems reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notification as non-deliverable or failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with the Official Rules. All taxes for prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
10. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Premier Gems may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Premier Gems, its parent, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and other agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Contest.
11. Premier Gems is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Premier Gems is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Premier Gems assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Contest.
12. Premier Gems reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Contest or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Contest; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, for any reason, including if, in Premier Gems’ sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Premier Gems’ control destroys the integrity of this Contest or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Contest or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
13. Premier Gems also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in any manner Premier Gems deems to be in violation of the Official Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Premier Gems reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part.
14. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; PREMIER GEMS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
17. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Contest and the Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Alberta and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Calgary, Alberta.
18. A copy of the Official Rules will be available at entry area located in the Premier Gems stand at the 2017 Calgary Gems Show during the Contest Period and online at premiergems.ca/Customer-Service/Contest-Rules.html.
19. Contest Date and Contest Period
19. Contest Date and Contest Period:
Contest Date Oct. 28, 2017 1:01 PM MST
Contest Period Entries received during this period will be (on or around) eligible for the Contest Date.
From 1:01PM Oct. 20, 2017 to 4:59 PM MST on Oct. 22, 2017
20. For Residents of Quebec. Where the Contest is open to residents of the province of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.